Visionary Leader: Someone with both the imagination and ability to not only plan for the “big picture” but to execute that plan.
My everyday mindset comes from a background heavily-influenced in athletics; however, this translates, naturally and successfully, into my professional career.
From an early age, I was oddly attracted to the story of the “underdog.” I was fascinated by stories of people, coming from the most imperfect situations, overcoming the highest bouts of adversity in order to achieve the highest peaks of success in their craft.
Growing up as a smaller kid I always felt I had something to prove (mostly to myself.) I knew I belonged on the same field as people, arguably, much more talented than me because I had something they didn’t–a plan of execution in order to surpass them in the long term. That mindset led me to receive a walk-on offer for my university’s baseball team, which I eventually declined so I could pursue a walk-on offer for collegiate football.
After college I, again, decided that I was going to play on the same field as the others that were more talented than myself. This time, it was in business. I purchased ownership in my first business at 23 and have followed the same, consistent formula ever since. See the big picture, reverse engineer the step-by-step plan on how to get to the end goal, and execute.
You could say I’m an engineer of sorts. A reverse engineer.
Some notable achievements:
- CrossFit Games Team Athlete (2015)
- CrossFit Regional Individual Qualifier (2015)
- CrossFit Affiliate Owner (2013-2015)
- WTAMU: 1st Ranking Finance Graduate (2012)
- President’s List (Spring 2010, Fall 2010, Spring 2011, Spring 2012)
- WTAMU Inside Receiver, Football (2010-2011)
- Who’s Who Among America’s Colleges and Universities (2010)
- Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society (2010)
- Dean’s List (Fall 2008, Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Fall 2011)